Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Wire & Rope entire.mov  (Read 318665 times)

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
Re: Wire & Rope entire.mov
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2012, 02:58:49 PM »

That's what was initially theorised Jeff some sort of fishing gear/ships whatever gear but, what we couldn't work out was how the 'fishing line' managed to get trapped underneath whatever it is and, weave its way through whatever it is. They might just have been the unluckiest fishermen in history when whatever it is down there landed/fell on top of their lines or weaved itself around the lines, maybe they caused a huge underwater landslide which trapped their lines. That'll teach them to trawl a seamount, sonar faulty or, just ignored it?
$36,000 rig cut loose (North sea, 2009 prices) no wonder fish is so expensive  >:(

This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2012, 03:23:55 PM »

Image one versus image two. Perhaps they would have had more chance catching fish if they had scaled down their fishing tackle. Even I could spot that tackle from a thousand yards. If that tackle was designed or fashioned to catch fish then we should consider the fish in image three as the likeliest candidate for that type of rig...
This must be the place

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2012, 03:38:44 PM »

You were there, and can speak better than the rest of us.
I assume that you were familiar with the still pics from the 2010 video, before you sailed. So I would also assume, as a sponsor, you may have been able to 'suggest'  looking at possible locations of the 2010 video targets, which I assume was attempted.

Tom, earlier in some thread (I forget which) I stated that I did not learn of the 2010 video (either 2 or 8 minute version) as being possibly related to a debris field until after the VII expedition, specifically on 22 August. On shipboard, I did review some 2010 footage with Ric (on the return trip), but it was at a much shallower depth, and involved a shape that might have been an aileron. Wolfgang also looked at the same shape and was firmly convinced it was only sand. If all you had in February was still snapshots from that 2 minute video, then I'm amazed you found as much as you did. When did you first see the 2 minute 2010 video?

Had I been familiar with even the contents of the 2 minute section, and been able to review it, I would have suggested concentrating our efforts there first, rather than wasting time looking at steel piles from the Norwich City, which were in a totally separate area. I had no problem with the announced strategy, though, knowing what I knew AT THE TIME. Spilt milk, as it were.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:50:28 PM by Tim Mellon »

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2012, 04:17:34 PM »

Ok I see. I wish we all were looking at the same things.
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2012, 04:37:39 PM »

Tim, the 2 minute wire and rope video...
"Uploaded by TIGHARchannel on 8 Dec 2010"
This must be the place

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
Re: Wire & Rope entire.mov: Instrument panels
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2012, 07:18:27 AM »

Through the open pilot's hatch that I identified in Reply #35 to the "Landing near the Norwich" thread, I think I am able to identify the following instruments (see time 13:41:53, frame 12 of the subject video, upper righthand quadrant):

Eyebrow Panel -

#9 Direction finding control apparatus (the reference number is to the Harney drawings)

#4 Left and right thermocouple switches

Main Panel -

#4 Left and right manifold pressure guages

#5 Left tachometer

#11 Bank and turn indicator

#12 Rate of climb

#26 Autopilot RUD and AIL adjustment knobs

#26 Autopilot directional gyro

#16 Wing tanks fuel guage

#25 Selector switch for wing tank guage

#18 Sensitive altimeter

Knee panel -

Ignition switches

4 slots, 2 each for Throttle and Mixture levers, partially obscured by pilot's wheel

Pilot's wheel is seen now to be in the neutral position, not turned 80 degrees to the right, as I thought several days ago.

Western Electric 27A Remote main dial with

FREQ knob (lower left) and AUDIO GAIN knob (lower right)

2 of 5 toggle switches (REC/OFF and DAY/NITE)

Co-pilot's wheel (not the Western Electric 9A Remote, as I originally thought)

Pilot's seat cushion, which appears to have the standard "cut-out" in the middle of the forward edge (not shown in Harney drawing)

Aircraft exterior -

The rectangular cover to the fueling port for the left forward cabin fuel tank can also be seen (faintly) aft of the rear edge of the open pilot's hatch.

Folks with better viewing equipment will probably be able to identify other features.

Might I ask Ric to please post the subject frame, along with the Harney drawings of the various instrument panels? I am not confident that I have the computer savvy to do so myself, and I certainly would not want to violate any copyright by doing so. I respectfully request that these findings also be forwarded to Jeff Glickman. Thanks.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 11:22:26 AM by Tim Mellon »

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2012, 08:24:06 AM »

Ok----someone please educate this non-computer savvy member: How do you guys run the video, then stop it frame by frame, and get a good enough picture to find all of this stuff?
Tom

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »

Tom, it's hit or miss; just takes a little practice. Landing within a few frames is usually OK, just depends upon how fast the camera is moving. Some computers if you click on the little gear, you can slow the speed down to one-fourth. That's why I asked Ric to post the exact frame, if he can.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:46:44 AM by Tim Mellon »

Bob Lanz

• T4
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »

Ok----someone please educate this non-computer savvy member: How do you guys run the video, then stop it frame by frame, and get a good enough picture to find all of this stuff?
Tom

Tom, just pause the video and use the slider to run the video to the time, minutes and seconds that are being referenced.  You will see thumbnails of each frame.  When you release the mouse you can then screen capture the image you want to your computer.

Also, here is a link to a screen capture add-on to your Browser.  You can save your pic to a URL or a .png file that will open in your photo editor.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/

Example saved as URL:  http://awesomescreenshot.com/000lqm4a5

Example saved as .png.

Doc
TIGHAR #3906

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:11:51 AM by Bob Lanz »

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2012, 09:17:41 AM »

Technology is a wonderful thing! Today isnt a total loss.
Thanks guys!

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
Re: Wire & Rope entire.mov: Instrument panels
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2012, 09:22:36 AM »

Mr. Mellon, are you still to meet with Mr. Glickman?  He may fit that bill.

Jeff, the plan is set for December 11 in Seattle. But I hope he will be able to review this long before then.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2012, 11:00:43 AM »

Hi All

First 3 image's,  I would like some suggestions on what they maybe

Pic 1. Analyze the big piece of coral on right ?

Pic 2. Analyze the upside down triangle on left of image

Pic 3. Analyze the objects under Jeff Hayden squiggle,

I think i know what they resemble, Think being the key word here  ;)

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2012, 11:03:19 AM »

And then there's the fondness for the wire/cable to run between 2 opposite bits/remains of ? like a channel? duct? If you or I were to toss a length of cable/wire overboard in the Pacific ocean what are the odds of us getting it to land between 2 opposite bits/remains of ? channel? duct? trillion to one?
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2012, 11:10:58 AM »

Me Again

In the following image notice wire going between A & B object

Pic 1. normal still

Pic 2. Rotated 90%, Inverted, Object A appear's to be a tap shaped dial knob maybe on a radio or something.

I have found loads of new coral for us to make shapes out off aswell  ;D

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Will Hatchell

• inactive
  • "Down to the nitty-gritty"
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2012, 11:19:47 AM »

Tim--
I would like to heartedly second J. Nevill's good wishes to both you and Jeff Glickman per the upcoming image assessment meeting; I know the Forum would very much like to have the imagery issues and possibilities further explored and resolved, just as we have high hopes of some definitive finds both above and below sea level after so much time, effort and outlay. Although I am no expert at imagery interpretation, I certainly appreciate all of the hard work expended by you and other Forum members who have been reporting their possible/tentative findings to the group! Sincere thanks and good luck to everyone involved in this commendable effort!

--Hatch
TIGHAR #3955
Hatch

TIGHAR #3975S

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org