Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Armchair archaeology: Malcolm's Razor  (Read 28954 times)

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
Re: Armchair archaeology: Malcolm's Razor
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 09:54:14 PM »

Gary LaPook or Dr.McKay,
    Can either of you explain to me why some on the forum do not believe that occams razor applies to Tighar ?
    Is there some organization (s) that a group can write to to request a waiver ?

Why? Don't know really - perhaps because it is all too easy not to apply Occam's Razor if one is spinning a good story based on what one would like to believe happened.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »

maybe if u look through Tighars archives every question asked as been answered in 1 way or another over last 22 years

unfortunate for people like me an you we just get the blunt replys because

A) if we read through all the documents Tighar has made availible to public we would get an answer without haveing to ask questions..

B) can we prove to next person that somethink is true based on what we say, answer  NO

C) who is the worst person to believe ? based on there available evidence an data ?
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2012, 09:16:24 PM »

maybe if u look through Tighars archives every question asked as been answered in 1 way or another over last 22 years

unfortunate for people like me an you we just get the blunt replys because

A) if we read through all the documents Tighar has made availible to public we would get an answer without haveing to ask questions..

B) can we prove to next person that somethink is true based on what we say, answer  NO

C) who is the worst person to believe ? based on there available evidence an data ?

Answered yes, satisfactorily no.

The only evidence for the Nikumaroro hypothesis that counts is that which is incontrovertible, so far that has not been found as none of the meager number of artifacts offered can be shown to have sole Earhart or Noonan provenance. The wreck of Earhart's Electra would be. What happens if they don't find it? 

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 02:03:03 PM »

It is meager when u consider there is a plane to be found

what if wreckage is found and is the electra on reef face,  but it is so badly rusted it can't be identified to belong to either the Electra or Norwich city ?

then them meager objects become best evidence of were electra ended it's flying days 

Member# 416

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2012, 06:35:30 PM »

It is meager when u consider there is a plane to be found

what if wreckage is found and is the electra on reef face,  but it is so badly rusted it can't be identified to belong to either the Electra or Norwich city ?

then them meager objects become best evidence of were electra ended it's flying days

Richie, aluminium doesn't rust. It corrodes to a white powder. Please if you are going to post on what could be Electra bits in that video learn something about aircraft construction.

If it cannot be identified then it cannot be identified and therefore evidence is lacking.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 07:13:54 PM »

my apologies i should have said rusted or corroded not just rusted my bad  :)

Member# 416

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Copyright 2018 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org