Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interview with Tom King  (Read 10529 times)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Interview with Tom King
« on: January 12, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »

Tom King was on:

Indiana Jones..... Myth's, Realities and 21st Century Archaeology

January 11, 2012

Hosted by Dr. Joseph Schuldenrein

Tom is on for the whole hour, and discusses how he got involved, the navigational logic, post-loss radio messages, the search for Amelia, finding the bones, searching in Fiji, and TIGHAR's hopes for the Symposium in 2012 and the potential for a deep water search after that.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:36:05 PM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

Irvine John Donald

• T5
Re: Interview with Tom King
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:51:23 PM »

Thanks for that Marty. Dr. King gives a nice synopsis of the search and I especially enjoyed hearing how he became involved in TIGHAR in its Pre Amelia days.
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 08:16:02 AM »

There is an on line tv show called "Out of the Past" where Dr. King is interviewed on two half hour episodes. This is from last summer and is quite up to date. You can find it here. http://vimeo.com/26840960

Watch past the last minute or so where they pay tribute to a baseball radio announcer "recreationist". You will see some good Nikumororo video.  I had no idea there were such people out there as baseball game "recreationist".  That short bit they did made me watch that episode too. LOL
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Joe Cerniglia

• TIGHAR member
  • Niku in a rainstorm
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 11:19:08 AM »

Fairfax, Virginia's Public Access Television (Channel 10) has posted online the 3rd installment of their series of interviews with Dr. Thomas King.

http://vimeo.com/48938202

(See the above posts for links to the earlier installments.) Lee Shephard and Chuck Langdon discuss the ongoing search and explore the archaeological work.  This segment was recorded in July, 2012 and lasts 28 minutes. The program is informative and professional. I recommend it.

Joe Cerniglia
TIGHAR #3078 ECR

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org