Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please whitelist webmaster@tighar.org  (Read 86084 times)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Please whitelist webmaster@tighar.org
« on: November 11, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »

When email from the Forum to a member gets rejected, the delivery failure messages are sent back to the moderators.

I can tell that someone is trying to get a new password e-mailed to them.

They have tried twice.

Each time, the system sent them an email.

The emails failed to be delivered because the Forum member's email system rejects email from unknown addresses.

What they need to do is to put webmaster@tighar.org in their "pre-approved list."

Then--and only then--will they be able to get what they want from the Forum.

"Verbum sat. sap."
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Bob Smith

• T3
  • Are We There Yet?
Re: Please whitelist webmaster@tighar.org
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 07:39:47 PM »

Sorry Marty, that may have been me you are talking about! I went back and made some changes in the recently installed version of Windows 10 and it may have been the answer. There doesn't seem to be any way to list (or whitelist) the above, although there was in Windows 7 and 8. I also went back to the "old" password, so everything seems fine now..veritas, bonitas, pulchritudo, sanctitas. (from my son in Taipei) !
Bob S.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:48:27 PM by Bob Smith »

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 07:28:18 AM »

Sorry Marty, that may have been me you are talking about! I went back and made some changes in the recently installed version of Windows 10 and it may have been the answer. There doesn't seem to be any way to list (or whitelist) the above, although there was in Windows 7 and 8. I also went back to the "old" password, so everything seems fine now..veritas, bonitas, pulchritudo, sanctitas. (from my son in Taipei) !

Give my fond regards to your son!

I'm in Atlanta for a couple of days to deliver a short paper at the annual Polanyi Society meeting.

The author whose book I am reviewing discusses the true, the good, and the beautiful (Plato's transcendentals, I believe).  Truth is good and beautiful; the good is beautiful and true; the beautiful is true and good.  I enjoyed meditating on that great reality, and used the meditation at the end of my paper.  :)

I don't think I've ever thought about adding holiness to the list,  but it seems to fit.

I'm glad you've found what you need for the forum. 
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:58:57 AM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

Steve Lyle Gunderson

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 01:04:40 PM »

The author whose book I am reviewing discusses the true, the good, and the beautiful (Plato's transcendentals, I believe).  Truth is good and beautiful; the good is beautiful and true; the beautiful is true and good.  I enjoyed meditating on that great reality, and used the meditation at the end of my paper.  :)

I don't think I've ever thought about adding holiness to the list,  but it seems to fit.

That reminds me of Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things."
Steve G
#3911R

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 09:08:25 PM »

That reminds me of Philippians 4:8

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things."

One of my all-time favorite quotations.  :)

Maybe I can work it into the discussion tomorrow morning. 
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Steve Lyle Gunderson

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 11:19:17 AM »

Just mention P-48, someone will think its an airplane.
Steve G
#3911R

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org