Advanced search  

Poll

In Reply #24 to the "Summary of Debris" thread, there is a scale for the picture of the scallop shell.

2 centimeters
- 4 (25%)
 5 centimeters
- 4 (25%)
 8 centimeters
- 4 (25%)
13 centimeters
- 1 (6.3%)
18 centimeters
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summary of Debris from 2010 Video  (Read 421447 times)

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
Re: Summary of Debris from 2010 Video
« Reply #375 on: January 11, 2013, 09:13:57 AM »

Here is another excellent view of the 1st landing gear assembly, seen in the 2012 Standard Definition video. Once again, this shot clearly shows that the fender is on properly, and not upside-down (mea culpa). The worm gear obscures the bottom portion of the deflated tire, and its connection to the upper part of the cylinder is itself obscured by the foreground object to its left. The wheel and tire do not line up properly with the fork, as also shown in the 2010 HD shot.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 10:04:13 AM by Tim Mellon »

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #376 on: January 11, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »

Another duplication between the 2012 Standard Definition video and the 2010 High Definition video: The Pelorus and A-7 Octant at the Navitator's Station. To my way of thinking, these items, along with the 1st landing gear shown in the previous post, give positive proof to the assertion that the two videos show the exact same location, which we know from the Phoenix data is Site #1. As to whether the items are characterized correctly, YMMV.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #377 on: January 11, 2013, 11:31:44 AM »

Gentlemen---with all due respect to ALL of you, I look at things this way. If Tim sees something that warrants an investigation, then thats great. He is taking his time to analyze the videos as best he can. I'm pretty sure, that Ric is also having the videos analyzed for the elusive evidence that we are looking for. Either way, IF another expedition is undertaken off the reef and evidence IS found, raised and identified as a part of the Electra, then it was worth it. If nothing becomes of this, then Tim used his time to do as he wished.
Granted, making some announcements on the forum as to have located bodies is alittle premature in my opinion. But each of us may view things in a different way. In the end, I think that we all have the same things in mind.
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #378 on: January 11, 2013, 11:48:16 AM »

Consistent between the two years (2012 and 2010) is the pair of Bausch & Lomb field glasses (top protruding above the rubble), just up the hill from the Octant. In the 2012 SD video, one can also make out, I believe, the flash attachment to the Kodak Duo Six-20 camera.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #379 on: January 11, 2013, 02:04:10 PM »

Finally, a close up in the 2012 Standard Definition video of what I think is the second landing gear assembly. This object also appears in the 2010 High Definition video.

The axle is not going through the rim, but the fork is lying right on top of the wheel. I dont see any worm gear in this view. The top of the assembly lies over the edge (out of sight) to the left of the fork, about one meter away.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Dan Kelly

• T3
« Reply #380 on: January 11, 2013, 04:29:20 PM »

Gentlemen---with all due respect to ALL of you, I look at things this way. If Tim sees something that warrants an investigation, then thats great. He is taking his time to analyze the videos as best he can.

With all respect Mr Swearengen I would suggest that these are little more than random associations. We are aware as Mr Mellon himself admitted some time back that he pays no heed to the warnings that there is no scale in the video to permit an accurate estimation of size. Mr Gillespie locked the original very long thread on the video for that reason among others and that it was producing some pretty far-fetched observations. I count miraculously preserved bodies, banjos and toilet rolls in that category. If someone is seeing those then I personally place little value on their other observations. If Mr Glickman who is the expert cannot see these then I think that tells us what we need to know.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:31:26 PM by Dan Kelly »

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #381 on: January 11, 2013, 08:30:22 PM »

With all respect Mr Swearengen I would suggest that these are little more than random associations. We are aware as Mr Mellon himself admitted some time back that he pays no heed to the warnings that there is no scale in the video to permit an accurate estimation of size. Mr Gillespie locked the original very long thread on the video for that reason among others and that it was producing some pretty far-fetched observations. I count miraculously preserved bodies, banjos and toilet rolls in that category. If someone is seeing those then I personally place little value on their other observations. If Mr Glickman who is the expert cannot see these then I think that tells us what we need to know.

Mr. Kelly, I think you are beating a dead horse.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Dan Kelly

• T3
« Reply #382 on: January 11, 2013, 11:37:29 PM »

Don't tell me you've seen one them down there as well.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #383 on: January 12, 2013, 09:07:27 AM »

I agree with Tim.  The horse is indeed dead.  This and other topics discussing whether various shapes in the underwater video are or are not encrusted objects of interest have run their course.  Both sides have had more than adequate opportunity to state their case and flogging the subject further will not change anyone's mind.  We'll give the horse a decent burial by locking "Summary of Debris from 2010," "2010 Black and White Video of the Debris Field," and "Possible Rope video."  I'll leave "Underwater Airplane Parts" open but only as a discussion of what known underwater airplane parts look like in contexts other than Nikumaroro.  I'll remove new topics that attempt to revive discussions of objects seen in 2010 and 2012 underwater video unless and until Jeff Glickman advises me that he has found something worth discussing. 

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #384 on: July 28, 2014, 11:54:18 AM »

This topic has been re-opened.  Enjoy.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org