Advanced search  

Poll

In Reply #24 to the "Summary of Debris" thread, there is a scale for the picture of the scallop shell.

2 centimeters
- 4 (25%)
 5 centimeters
- 4 (25%)
 8 centimeters
- 4 (25%)
13 centimeters
- 1 (6.3%)
18 centimeters
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Summary of Debris from 2010 Video  (Read 421443 times)

Dan Kelly

• T3
Re: Summary of Debris from 2010 Video
« Reply #300 on: January 06, 2013, 04:48:19 AM »

You might be right, Mr. Kelly.

But then again, so might I.

Let us agree to keep open minds.

Mr Mellon open minds are useful but in my case it isn't a question of being wrong - but I do enjoy your attempts to inject humour and an active imagination into the quest. The banjo was almost Seinfeldian in its conception. I'm surprised that so far you haven't spotted Amelia's copy of Murder on the Orient Express, now there was a complex piece of imagination - still keep looking I'm sure it's there.  :)

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #301 on: January 06, 2013, 05:53:59 AM »

Just to humour you, Mr. Kelly, I think I have found Amelia Earhart's next-to-favorite bracelet in a bag of jewelry that lies close to the Kodak Duo Six-20 camera previously reported. A photograph of the same bracelet is shown for comparison. You will remember that her favorite good-luck bracelet is in a museum in Oklahoma City.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:01:56 AM by Tim Mellon »

william patterson

• T1
« Reply #302 on: January 06, 2013, 09:31:52 AM »

Ok we have open minds.
However, are we at the comedy zone now?
Is Mr.Kelly correct and this is nonsensical amusing(for a very few) coral gazing?

I would like to ask Mr.Mellon some questions since he is the daily poster of coral gazing and has been identified as Tighar's chief sponsor for the last expedition.

1. Is he serious in his daily identification of keys, banjos, pin cushions, bones, belts, ect or is this
all a light hearted joke to amuse himself and a couple of others?
(BTW, Mr.Parks was correct, there are legion that think your posts are a joke and keep quiet. )
If you want to stick with the "we report, you decide" line, that is fine.
I have decided it's all ridiculous, and not sure why it continues.

2. Mr.Mellon responded to Mr. Kada implying a coverup by Tighar of 2010 findings, at least it sounded that way. Do you Mr.Mellon think Tighar has covered up or witheld any findings?
For what reason?

3. Mr.Mellon implied in another post that perhaps Jeff Glickman had a possible "CONFLICT OF INTEREST". This was the first I heard of any conflict of interest. Could he expound on that, and does he believe the photo analyst helping Ric and Tighar has a conflict of interest?
Where did that idea orginate for Mr.Mellon?
During his meetings with Mr.Glickman, were stills seen that showed a 2012 debris field and were individual items labeled by Mr.Glickman?
What is Mr.Mellon's impression of Glickman's 2012 work if that work was also reviewed?
Does Mr.Mellon still believe Mr.Glickman has some conflict of interest in the goal of Tighar to find AE?

4. What is Mr. mellon's 2013 goal in the investigation? As the Major sponsor of Tighar, will the sponsor continue to give daily updates of "coral gazing" finding more banjos, bracelets, furniture, bones, or is he taking serious steps such as the Red bull team has made recently in space exploration, to reach out and finance or underscore logisitics for another trip to Gardner?
Are there concerns or holds from accomplishing this in 2013 either with Tighar or privately without Tighar but in a quasi consultation role with Tighar?

Naturally while some find this daily video dissection amusing, others do not, and more importantly it accomplishes absolutely nothing in many minds. Therefore, as Bob Lanz asked earlier, do you Mr.Mellon plan on a trip to Niku soon to collect these amazing finds, or will you be limited in 2013 to daily postings of stills documenting your video dissection?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:40:10 AM by william patterson »

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #303 on: January 06, 2013, 10:39:39 AM »

Respectfully, who cares, William? 

Exactly.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Bob Lanz

• T4
« Reply #304 on: January 06, 2013, 11:00:58 AM »

william and Bob: you two are about the only people here with such constantly negative thoughts.

Before falsely assuming that Bob's and William's willingness to post means they are alone in their "negativity", a few quotes are worth considering:

Thomas Carlyle:  "Silence is more eloquent than words."

Euripides:  "Silence is true wisdom's best reply"

Che Guevera:  "Silence is argument carried out by other means."

Plutarch:  "Silence at the proper season is wisdom, and better than any speech."

Those people happen to be dead, but live forum readers who share their views may be legion.  I am one.

Depends on context, I believe.  In a place like this, silence is also highly subject to interpretation: it can also be construed as bearing witness, even affirmation.

There's nothing like a telegram for clarity, however.

Back to the topic:

The forum while often highly pedestrian is not beneath me after all - stop

I personally think we're seeing a pile of rocks rope or cable and shipboard gasket material - stop

I will do my best to be tolerant - end

(May be sung to the tune of "Amelia Earhart's Last Flight" as accompanied by the banjo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0T6i_BWuWE

Or if you prefer a little harmony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAdHkyST0-8

;) ;D
Doc
TIGHAR #3906

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:09:00 AM by Bob Lanz »

John Balderston

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #305 on: January 06, 2013, 01:25:23 PM »

;) ;D

Really like this, particularly Adcocks and Tom Gray - great bluegrass!  Thanks Doc Bob!
John Balderston TIGHAR #3451R

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #306 on: January 06, 2013, 01:36:41 PM »

Is it a 5 string, or tenor, Tim?

L E F O D P C T

Oh, sorry Jeff N., that's the bottom line on the Snellen eye chart....

But while I was looking for the number of banjo strings, I discovered an additional instrument: a guitar lying upside down. Honestly.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:39:33 PM by Tim Mellon »

Bob Lanz

• T4
« Reply #307 on: January 06, 2013, 01:55:09 PM »

Mr Mellon open minds are useful but in my case it isn't a question of being wrong - but I do enjoy your attempts to inject humour and an active imagination into the quest. The banjo was almost Seinfeldian in its conception. I'm surprised that so far you haven't spotted Amelia's copy of Murder on the Orient Express, now there was a complex piece of imagination - still keep looking I'm sure it's there.  :)

It not somewhat Sigmoidoscopian, if motives must be pondered...  ;D

OH MY!! What a crappy thought!  ;D
Doc
TIGHAR #3906

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:59:20 PM by Bob Lanz »

Ken Nielsen

• T1
« Reply #308 on: January 06, 2013, 04:44:29 PM »

I personally think we're seeing a pile of rocks rope or cable and shipboard gasket material - stop

(May be sung to the tune of "Amelia Earhart's Last Flight" as accompanied by the banjo)

;) ;D

Great finds, Bob! 

I love the primitive banjo in the Ogg Creek version (my brother builds them as a hobby), and I always love Eddie and Martha Adcock (second link) - I've had the pleasure of seeing them live near here in Randy Wood's Pickin' Parlor.

My guess is Earhart would be pleased that she's still thought of.  Whether her banjo is down there or not (I have doubts...) I am reminded that we're searching for lost fellow human creatures and their story, and that it needn't be taken as a federal case.

Wow. Isn't it fascinating when you find that people in one area of interest to you share others with you as well? I'm very, very much into The Country Gentlemen and The Seldom Scene, and currently a little sad of hearing of the passing of Mike Auldridge a few days ago. Listening to the melancholic dobro of the live instrumental Lorena and other favourites will never be quite the same again.

Bob Lanz

• T4
« Reply #309 on: January 06, 2013, 05:03:18 PM »

;) ;D

Great finds, Bob! 

I love the primitive banjo in the Ogg Creek version (my brother builds them as a hobby), and I always love Eddie and Martha Adcock (second link) - I've had the pleasure of seeing them live near here in Randy Wood's Pickin' Parlor.

My guess is Earhart would be pleased that she's still thought of.  Whether her banjo is down there or not (I have doubts...) I am reminded that we're searching for lost fellow human creatures and their story, and that it needn't be taken as a federal case.

Wow. Isn't it fascinating when you find that people in one area of interest to you share others with you as well? I'm very, very much into The Country Gentlemen and The Seldom Scene, and currently a little sad of hearing of the passing of Mike Auldridge a few days ago. Listening to the melancholic dobro of the live instrumental Lorena and other favourites will never be quite the same again.

RIP Mike Auldridge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEUQr8COakY
Doc
TIGHAR #3906

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #310 on: January 06, 2013, 07:02:27 PM »

I realize this picture is confusing, but please bear with me: there are three instruments (banjo, violin, and guitar) and each has its own case. The neck of the guitar case is the only thing that looks like it has suffered damage. The extent of each instrument and case is marked by a pair of arrows, similar colors pertaining to each instrument.

This is not a joke. I didn't put these things there. I am only reporting what I can see. Please go to the indicated frame (13:36:58;07) for a clearer picture, as all these arrows are only meant as reference and they themselves obscure some of what is shown.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:16:13 PM by Tim Mellon »

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #311 on: January 06, 2013, 11:09:36 PM »

Of course, Jeff, I am willing to concede that those instruments might be a trompe l'oeil, or a clever hologram placed there by National Geographic....                                 

:)
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:11:46 PM by Tim Mellon »

william patterson

• T1
« Reply #312 on: January 06, 2013, 11:29:26 PM »

Ok we have open minds.
However, are we at the comedy zone now?
Is Mr.Kelly correct and this is nonsensical amusing(for a very few) coral gazing?

I would like to ask Mr.Mellon some questions since he is the daily poster of coral gazing and has been identified as Tighar's chief sponsor for the last expedition.

1. Is he serious in his daily identification of keys, banjos, pin cushions, bones, belts, ect or is this
all a light hearted joke to amuse himself and a couple of others?
(BTW, Mr.Parks was correct, there are legion that think your posts are a joke and keep quiet. )
If you want to stick with the "we report, you decide" line, that is fine.
I have decided it's all ridiculous, and not sure why it continues.

2. Mr.Mellon responded to Mr. Kada implying a coverup by Tighar of 2010 findings, at least it sounded that way. Do you Mr.Mellon think Tighar has covered up or witheld any findings?
For what reason?

3. Mr.Mellon implied in another post that perhaps Jeff Glickman had a possible "CONFLICT OF INTEREST". This was the first I heard of any conflict of interest. Could he expound on that, and does he believe the photo analyst helping Ric and Tighar has a conflict of interest?
Where did that idea orginate for Mr.Mellon?
During his meetings with Mr.Glickman, were stills seen that showed a 2012 debris field and were individual items labeled by Mr.Glickman?
What is Mr.Mellon's impression of Glickman's 2012 work if that work was also reviewed?
Does Mr.Mellon still believe Mr.Glickman has some conflict of interest in the goal of Tighar to find AE?

4. What is Mr. mellon's 2013 goal in the investigation? As the Major sponsor of Tighar, will the sponsor continue to give daily updates of "coral gazing" finding more banjos, bracelets, furniture, bones, or is he taking serious steps such as the Red bull team has made recently in space exploration, to reach out and finance or underscore logisitics for another trip to Gardner?
Are there concerns or holds from accomplishing this in 2013 either with Tighar or privately without Tighar but in a quasi consultation role with Tighar?

Naturally while some find this daily video dissection amusing, others do not, and more importantly it accomplishes absolutely nothing in many minds. Therefore, as Bob Lanz asked earlier, do you Mr.Mellon plan on a trip to Niku soon to collect these amazing finds, or will you be limited in 2013 to daily postings of stills documenting your video dissection?

Respectfully, who cares, William?  Other than having been able and willing to be a generous donor, I fail to see that Tim has done anything different from what Richie or a few others (including myself at times) have done for a year or so. 

Just curious, but since you mentioned it - what 'legion'?  Interesting - if so, you've attracted a lot of company for someone who just registered on 11/29/2012 and has only 17 posts here.  Why don't they post, I wonder?  I don't see that. 

Since you've inquired of motives, I wonder what yours are?

Ah, off-topic... back to open-mindedness, supposed debris and... the banjo.  Is it a 5 string, or tenor, Tim?  I don't see it either, but hey - it's an open forum, praise be.

Respectfully Jeff, do you answer for Tim Mellon? Or do you answer for everyone?

I asked several questions of the major sponsor for the last expedition, and as the potential sponsor for  any upcoming expeditions, it is of interest if there will be more underwater adventures to perhaps really find a plane. Either with Tighar or without.
It's a legitimate question.
Also I had a question on his meeting with Glickman who we havent heard from.
I understand you have had an awakening of "who cares, life is fun", and enjoy talking about banjos and philosophy but that gets us no closer to the plane.

So will an expedition be led and funded by Mr.Mellon, who can solve this mystery fairly rapidly given the resources available, or is his contribution going to be exclusively confined to making a few Tighar forum readers laugh?
That is my agenda. The plane. What I thought Tighar was about, not finding non sensical musical instruments on old video.
Maybe Tim can answer for himself.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:39:07 PM by william patterson »

John Kada

• T3
« Reply #313 on: January 07, 2013, 12:49:43 AM »

Why would Ric/Tighar ignore an obvious piece of Electra debris? The whole point of the Earhart project, after all, is to prove the Niku hypothesis.

Good question.                                           

Come now...

Good grief, Tim, surely if Ric could could prove the the Niku hypothesis he'd want to do so and move on to other profitable areas of aircraft recovery work that seem at the present time to be lesser priorities due to the effort going into the Earhart project.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #314 on: January 07, 2013, 04:35:29 AM »

william patterson, I repeat....
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org